Jack fruit ---- 2 cup s peeld and cut in to small pieces
Chanadal(split chick peas) --- 1/2 cup
ginger garlic paste --- 1tea sp
onion --- 1 big
Garam masala powder --- 1 tea sp
Red chilli powder --- 1/2 tea sp
Turmeric powder ---- 1 tea sp
oil --- 1 tea sp +for deep frying
Salt to taste
Method : ----
1. Peel the green skin of jack fruit and chop in to small pieces and wash and aply some termeric and leave a side
2. Soak chanadal for 10 min. and add to chopped jack fruit pieces and cook in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
3. Remove the cooker from the heat an let it cool itself then open and drain if any water is there.(make sure there is no water if you have any dought just squeeze all the water with hand)
4. Peel onion wash and cut in to small pieces and add to jack fruit and dal mixture and then add red chilli powder,salt to taste, garam masala, turmeric power, ginger garlic paste, and grind in to a paste. (this paste should be like masal vada paste
5. Remove the jack fruit paste from the blender,grease your palms with very little oil and make vada s (like patties) with jack fruit paste.
6. Heat oil in a deep frying pan and deep fry jack fruit vadas in hot oil in alow flame till nice golden brown color, remove from oil and drain the oil.
Serve hot as a snack or you can serve this vadas as a side dish for rice and sambar or rice and rasam.
Enjoy your meal.
This is my entry for AFAM --JACKFRUIT hosted by lakshmi of Taste of Mysore and event satarred by Maheswari