Munakkaya(Drumstick) --- 2 no. cut in to 2 inch pieces
Onion ---- 2 medium finely chopped
Tomato --- 5no. medium finely chopped
Oil ----- 1 tab sp
Mustard seeds ---- 1/2 tea sp
Cumin seeds --- 1 tea sp
Urad dal ----- 1 tea sp
Dry red chilli --- 1 no. broken
Afew curry leaves
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder --- 1/2 tea sp
Red chilli powder ---- 1 tea sp
Garlic --- 6 cloves cut in to big pieces
1. Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds and let them popup then add urad dal, cumin seeds,dry red chilli pieces and curry leaves and fry till dal become red.
2. Then add chopped onion and fry till onion become soft.
3. Then add chopped tomato and cook till tomato become soft and mashy
4. Now add drumstick pieces,salt to taste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garlic pieces mix well and add 1cup of water mix well cover and cook till drumstick become soft in side (mix in between) mix well and remove from the heat.
5. If you want you can cook this curry till all the water evoparates and gravy becomes thick.If you like it with a thin gravy then switch off the flame when vegetable are cooked enough.
Serve with rice or roti.